Litigation Administrative Assistant
Patterson Thuente IP is seeking a full-time, experienced litigation administrative assistant to join our intellectual property (IP) litigation team. This is a full-time, hybrid position offering competitive pay and full benefits.
This position works with multiple attorneys to provide a full range of support, including, but not limited to, preparation/revision of correspondence, pleadings and documents; calendar maintenance; assembly of case and trial binders; various office and client filing and electronic transcription.
A successful candidate will have strong tying and multi-tasking skills, and is a detail-oriented team player possessing at least five years of recent legal assistant experience (including electronic filing).
- Engaged in the work of the attorney by demonstrating knowledge and status of current cases and projects, utilizing available resources in order to achieve case goals
- Provide support for up to four attorneys in IP law matters, with further backup support as needed
- Answer phones and communicate with clients on a daily basis; preparing new client engagements as requested
- Act as liaison between internal departments and outside agencies
- Preparation/revision of correspondence, pleadings, documents and other clerical assignments as directed
- Handle a wide variety of complex and confidential time-sensitive material
- Maintain calendars, CLE, reports and time records
- Book and organize travel arrangements including flights, hotels, transportation – updating reservations as needed
- Maintain back-up docketing for litigation attorneys
- Transcribe electronic dictation, and schedule depositions
- Various office and client filing; proofreading documents
- Minimum 3+ years recent federal litigation legal assistant/administration experience within a law firm
- Ability to type 65+ wpm; experience with law firm billing software is a plus
- Familiarity with federal rules and procedures
- A solid understanding of technical legal terminology as well as court filings
- Experienced with trial preparation and briefs
- Proficient with generating Tables of Authorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent proofreading skills
- Knowledge of Office Suite is a must; Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint and others
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in cooperative, small office environment and communicate with attorneys and support staff on every level
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College degree preferred, but fulfilling the above requirements in paramount
This is a hybrid position, meaning three days in the office and two days remote per week. Training will require five days in the office per week for the first month.
-Patterson Thuente IP is an Equal Opportunity Employer-
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.