IP Law Clerk
Erin Herdeman is a law clerk at Patterson Thuente IP. Following her first year in law school, Erin joined the firm as part of our IP law clerk program. Erin assists the firm’s attorneys in both patent prosecution and litigation in several fields and in both domestic and international cases.
Erin assists in drafting patent applications, conducting patentability and landscape searches, preparing crucial documents before patent examiner interviews, and in litigation tasks such as document review, prosecution history analyses, and research and writing. Erin has also worked for the Children’s Hospital of Minnesota as a legal intern and at Lumen Worldwide Endeavors as a compliance extern.
As an undergraduate student at Marquette University, Erin worked in a research lab studying addiction-related glucocorticoid-dependent neuroplasticity in stress and reward systems. She also found a passion for assisting those experiencing domestic violence through volunteering at domestic violence shelters. As an attorney, Erin would like to continue this work on a pro bono basis.
Outside of intellectual property and studying to become an attorney, Erin likes spending time with her dog, Bango, attending group fitness classes, cooking and finding new restaurants.
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota, J.D. – 2022
- Marquette University, B.S., Biomedical Sciences – 2018
- Student Intellectual Property Law Association, president
- Delta Theta Phi law fraternity, vice president
- Giles Rich Moot Court Competitor
- Street Law teacher in Minneapolis schools
- Ongoing volunteer at Tubman Family Law Clinics
Awards & Recognition
- MIPLA Cup 2021 (1st place)
- AIPLA Midwest Regionals 2021 (2nd place)
- National Championships (3rd place)