Sophia Vogeler is a law clerk at Patterson Thuente IP. Following her first year in law school, Sophia joined the firm as part of our IP law clerk program. She assists the firm’s attorneys in both patent prosecution and litigation in several fields and in both domestic and international cases.
Sophia assists in drafting patent applications, conducting patentability and landscape searches, preparing crucial documents before patent examiner interviews and in litigation tasks such as document review, prosecution history analyses and research and writing. Sophia has also worked for Greene Espel and Cargill as part of their Twin Cities Diversity in Practice program for first-year law students.
Prior to law school, Sophia worked in a research lab at the University of Iowa studying metabolism in various disease states, such as cancer and type-II diabetes, and in metabolic stress conditions, like postpartum. In her free time, Sophia enjoys reading, particularly memoirs and books about health and well-being. Sophia also enjoys spending her time doing hot yoga and traveling to national parks across the United States to hike.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D. – anticipated 2022
- University of Iowa, B.S., Biochemistry – 2019
- Minor: Chemistry
- Certificate of Writing
- Student Intellectual Property Law Association
- Student Well-Being Initiative
- Woman’s Law Student Association
- Intellectual Property Moot Court, 2020-2021
- Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Association
- Ear et al. “Maternal Nictinamide Riboside Enhances Postpartum Weight Loss, Juvenile Offspring Development, and Neurogensis of Adult Offspring.” 2019, Cell Reports vol. 26, 969-983