Patterson Thuente IP is hiring a Human Resource professional to contribute to our success by managing all essential functions of the Human Resources department, including attorney and staff recruiting, employee relations, administering pay, benefits and leave, and managing and enforcing policies and practices.
This position will also support the firm’s diversity, equity and inclusion efforts by serving as a member of the our Diversity & Inclusion Working Group.
Our culture focuses on collaboration, mutual respect, integrity, and work-life balance. We value our team members’ contributions and support their desire for a rewarding professional experience. We put our employees first by offering excellent benefits and competitive compensation packages that support well-being, including a casual work environment with a hybrid of remote and in-office work schedules.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with department supervisors to understand skills and competencies required for openings; maintains relationships with local law schools; serves as a member of the firm’s Recruiting Committee
- Acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications as required; maintains personnel records
- Coordinates new hire orientations with supervisors and department leads
- Administers and executes human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; productivity; recognition; and employee relations
- Processes payroll through third party software; maintains payroll database and payroll records
- Coordinates attorney and legal support staff performance and compensation reviews; works with supervisors to identify training needs and implement as needed; coordinates with supervisors to manage performance improvement plans
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the HR Shareholder
- Coordinates with employment lawyer and other third party sources to address complex matters or projects as directed
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations; conducts employee exit interviews; administers unemployment inquiries and claims
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices
- Maintains employee handbooks and reference guides; recommends and implements new practice and policies to adhere to employment law practices and changes to firm policies and benefits
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- This position may develop to oversee the records and facilities staff and functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, staff and management
- Exemplary interpersonal, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize tasks to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Experience with payroll and HRIS software, ADP a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- High school diploma or GED
- BA in Human Resources or similar preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus
- Minimum of five years of related Human Resources experience in a professional services environment, preferably in the legal industry
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
-Patterson Thuente IP is an Equal Opportunity Employer-
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.