IP Annuity Specialist
Patterson Thuente IP is hiring an annuity specialist to assist with management of our growing intellectual property practice. The IP Annuity Specialist will be responsible for monitoring and administering annuity payment services for international annuities and U.S. maintenance fees. This includes working with the firm’s clients to obtain and provide payment instructions to our annuity service company, as well as OUS agents and other annuity payment agencies.
- Monitor and administer annuity payment services for international annuities and U.S. maintenance fees.
- Coordinate with clients to obtain and provide payment instructions to the firm’s annuity service company, CPA, as well as OUS agents and other annuity payment agencies
- Prepare and send periodic annuity statements and reminders to the firm’s clients
- Maintain and monitor the annuities docket
- Perform research of annuity deadlines as needed in official correspondence and other resources including international IP office websites, annuity agency websites, USPTO, etc.
- Maintain annuity or maintenance fee status and correspondence in firm client files, electronic records, and associated firm databases
- Audit and review incoming client files for annuity or maintenance fee deadlines, and enter same into relevant databases
- Willing to work effectively in a hybrid remote work/in-office environment
- Professional and effective communication with firm attorneys, staff, and clients, including answering annuity- and maintenance fee-related questions
- Collaborate in an effective and mature manor with attorneys, clients, co-workers and administrators
- Committed to keeping abreast of changes in annuity and maintenance free rules and procedures
- Able to share knowledge with others
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who understands details within a larger context
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out multiple related activities
- Must pay attention to details and have the ability to follow up and follow through
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of three (3) years of annuity, patent, or docketing experience
- AA, paralegal certificate, or college degree preferred
At Patterson Thuente IP you can take on challenging, sophisticated work while developing both personally and professionally. We offer a casual work environment with competitive salaries, outstanding benefits and bonus opportunities.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Candidates can apply by providing a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
-Patterson Thuente IP is an Equal Opportunity Employer-
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.