Trademark Practice Lead, Partner-Level
We have a unique opportunity for a seasoned trademark attorney looking to lead the trademark practice group within a world-stage, mid-sized IP law firm. Based in our downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, office within the IDS Center, you will serve our portfolio of clients located in the US and around the world.
This is an excellent opportunity for a partner-level, entrepreneurial attorney. Our portfolio of clients is dynamic and diverse — from global consumer brands to SMEs looking to increase brand value.
What does success look like in this role?
A successful candidate has a well-rounded background in trademark prosecution and portfolio management. You have a passion for brands and are on top of trends in brand protection strategy. You recognize opportunities for extracting value from a trademark, as well as when your client’s innovation is too close to competitors’. The right attorney for this role has an entrepreneurial spirit and takes initiative to bring creative, full-service solutions to clients.
Furthermore, you can expect to:
- Manage day-to-day trademark filings, client portfolios, deadlines, expectations, and relationships
- Manage global trademark portfolios for large, multinational organizations
- Work with our litigation team on trademark oppositions and cancellations, as well as domain disputes
- Delegate work to team members to ensure timely deliverables and meet deadlines
- Utilize analytics to help clients make important decisions
- Participate in expanding the firm’s client base—with the support of full-time marketing staff—and building your practice according to your own vision
- Work with clients and IP professionals from around the world that interest and inspire you
You will have the benefit of highly skilled paralegal support plus a full-service team of IP litigators and patent attorneys with which to collaborate.
Who you are
You are drawn to challenging, sophisticated work and interested in developing both personally and professionally. You also have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of trademark law experience
- Superior knowledge of the law, including familiarity with international IP protection
- History of success in building strong client relationships, as well as new business and portfolio development
- Communication skills that will inspire the confidence of our clients, and an ability to work with clients for whom English is not a native language
- Authorized to legally work in the United States with no current or future requirement of sponsorship for employment visa status
Is this you? We’d love to learn more about you. If you are interested in joining Patterson Thuente’s team of IP professionals, don’t hesitate to submit your résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected].
We offer a casual work environment with competitive salaries, an extremely flexible, hybrid work-from-home policy, outstanding benefits, sensible billable goals, bonus opportunities, and more.
-Patterson Thuente IP is an Equal Opportunity Employer-
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.