Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney, Associate-Level
We have a unique opportunity for an up-and-coming IP litigation attorney looking to work within a world-stage, mid-sized law firm. Based in our downtown Minneapolis office within the IDS Center, you will serve all sizes of businesses and clients in Minnesota, the Midwest and around the globe.
This is an excellent opportunity for a mid-level associate to immediately gain a variety of experiences, including all aspects of pre-trial practice and trial experience
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk about what you can expect.
- Support and collaborate with the litigation team leaders in all aspects of IP defense and enforcement matters
- Work closely with patent and trademark prosecution groups to provide counsel on a variety of contentious matters
- Provide full-service IP counsel to address the complex needs of our clients
- Manage client expectations and relationships
- Participate in expanding the firm’s client base—with the support of full-time marketing staff—and building your practice according to your own vision.
Who you are
You are drawn to challenging, sophisticated work while developing both personally and professionally. You are interested in being part of a busy, growth-oriented team. You also have the following qualifications:
- 5 – 7 years in practice as a litigator with experience in intellectual property matters, including patent and trademark infringement, trade secrets, contract disputes, false advertising and related matters
- Strong research, writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with and delegate to attorneys, law clerks and paralegals
- Experience working with a variety of clients with respect to company size and industry
- Passion for advancing clients’ business goals by exercising IP rights through available avenues, such as licensing, settlement, trial or other remedies
- USPTO registration preferred
- Experience with IPR is a plus
Is this you? We’d love to learn more about you. If you are interested in joining Patterson Thuente’s team of IP professionals, don’t hesitate to submit your résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected].
We offer a casual work environment with competitive salaries, work-from-home flexibility, outstanding benefits, sensible billable goals, bonus opportunities and more.
-Patterson Thuente IP is an Equal Opportunity Employer-
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.