Heather Chatterton is a USPTO registered patent agent. In her role at Patterson Thuente IP, she conducts research, assists with patent drafting and handles other prosecution-related tasks as appropriate. Heather’s technical experience includes software and biotechnology.
Before joining Patterson Thuente, Heather worked for IBM Corporation for four years as a patent agent. She worked independently to draft and prosecute patents in technologies ranging from cognitive computing to business methods and related applications and software. She also served as a patent legal assistant for a startup software company and interned for the University of Minnesota Office of Technology Commercialization as a technology specialist.
Heather also previously served six years with U.S. Navy as a reactor systems mechanic aboard the USS George HW Bush aircraft carrier. Her service included qualification as both a propulsion plant supervisor and quality assurance supervisor for the ship’s high pressure, high temperature, and reactor systems.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., anticipated May 2021
- University of Minnesota Law School, Masters of Science and Patent Law, 2015
- University of Minnesota College of Biological Science, B.S., Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development, 2014
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- Qualified Neutral under MN Rule 114