Patterson Thuente Pedersen, P.A. is looking for an associate patent attorney for its Minneapolis Office with an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering or physics.
Ideal candidates will be experienced and highly capable at patent drafting and prosecution, and will be familiar with or have worked for large corporate clients. Experience with analog and digital circuits, battery energy management, electromechanical systems, and sensor and software control systems a plus.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years patent law experience with active USPTO registration
- Excellent academic credentials, strong writing skills, enthusiasm, and efficiency
- Superior knowledge of the law, including familiarity with international patent portfolio strategy and development
- Communication skills that will inspire the confidence of our clients, and an ability to work with clients for whom English is not a native language
- A highly developed sense of technical curiosity and a strong commitment to client service
- The organizational skills and ability to work well both independently and with others, and to reinforce our collaborative culture
At Patterson Thuente you can take on challenging, sophisticated work while developing both personally and professionally. We offer a casual work environment with competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, sensible billable goals, and bonus opportunities.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Candidates can apply by providing writing samples with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Stacy Locsin, Director of Human Resources, at [email protected].
-Patterson Thuente Pederson, P.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer-
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.