- 3-D printing and additive manufacturing
- Advanced materials
- Communications and networking
- Data storage media
- Fluid handling and process controls
- Life sciences and biology
- Mechanical devices
- Medical devices
- Outdoor sporting and recreational equipment
- Represented client in the agricultural equipment industry – while the client was found to infringe a competitor’s patents, the jury awarded the plaintiff a small fraction of what was sought, and substantially less than the competitor was ready to accept as settlement.
- Successfully utilized trade dress enforcement to prevent competitors from copying the distinct look of our client’s world leading magnification products.
- Represented plaintiff in a patent infringement lawsuit over a consumer product, resulting in a court ordered permanent injunction against the defendant and favorable cash settlement.
- Provided pro bono representation to the debtor in a bankruptcy case that resulted in the creditor’s complaint being dismissed.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2015
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Wisconsin, Madison
- B.S. - 2011
- Major: Chemical Engineering
- Supreme Court denies petition to decide patent damages issue about entire market value rule, Ideas on Intellectual Property Law, April/May 2019
- TC Heartland and Improper Venue Waiver in Patent Infringement Lawsuits: The District of Minnesota Perspective, Ideas on Intellectual Property Law, October/November 2017
- Patent Freedom to Operate Searches, Opinions, Techniques, and Studies, ABA IP Law Section, Co-Author
- Make America Innovate Again: Construing Patent Box Proposals in View of a Policy Mix Approach, Cybaris®: An Intellectual Property Law Review, Vol. 7, Iss. 2
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Honorable Jimmie V. Reyna Intellectual Property Inn of Court, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Volunteer Lawyers Network, Volunteer
- St. Paul Business Review Council, Member and Chair of Regulatory Subcommittee